This was going around Facebook and I thought I'd share it with all of my blogging buddies! Here are 25 random things about me that you probably don't know.
1. I have two beautiful children, one who is slowly turning my hair completely gray. She is learning to drive. Along with my husband, they mean the world to me.
2. I’m originally from Queens, New York. My kids make fun of how I say coffee and water, etc. They love me.
3. I’m very, very particular about things.
4. I think people don’t really know me.
5. My father was an amazing man of God. I’m just now beginning to realize that.
6. I was painfully shy growing up and spent most of my life being fearful.
7. My spine is s-shaped, no one ever checked me…PARENTS, HAVE YOUR CHILDREN EXAMINED!
8. I live with pain daily.
9. I have a wonderful husband whom I met as a teenager roller-skating out on Long Island. He wanted nothing to do with me…
10. I love to cook and entertain and decorate and garden.
11. I never knew how much I would love blogging!
12. I truly think my son would have died if they didn’t remove his appendix two years ago. It was tucked away up underneath his liver, which explained the pain in his upper stomach, not lower stomach.
13. I love my Savior more than anything. I have always served Him and will continue to serve Him till the day I die.
14. I wanted more children, but couldn’t, I’m thrilled with my 2.
15. I once had my finger closed in the car door and had to wait for my husband to find the keys to unlock the door…we all thought the finger was broken and needed stitches, even the doctor, but the Great Physician had other plans…
16. I love the movie Sense and Sensibility. Every time I see it, it still gets to me!
17. My father use to have to stand in line with me when I was in kindergarten, otherwise I would cry. One day he couldn’t do it and asked the principal to stand with me. He did and held my hand until we went into the classroom.
18. In first grade I didn’t eat my lunch for 2 weeks. Karen Schierwagen told her mother that I sat in the lunchroom crying while everyone around me ate their lunches. When my mother found out, she made arrangements for me to come home for lunch. When she asked me why I would cry, I told her it was too noisy. My son Michael spends a lot of time in the nurse’s office during lunch period…because it’s too noisy in the cafeteria for him. The nurse just recently told me that he likes to come to her office to “rest.”
19. I am now 3 inches shorter due to my spine. I think I’ll be joining the cast of “Little People, Big World” soon. Seriously, I love that show.
20. I type very fast, which is good since I work as a transcriptionist.
21. Joyce Meyer’s “Battlefield of the Mind” changed my life. I am now able to handle my fears, most days.
22. I once prayed at the altar so long the ushers had to carry me away…I was maybe 10 and the Holy Spirit had a hold on me.
23. I have a fear of flying, but I once flew in a plane with John Stamos when he was Blackie on General Hospital!!
24. My husband and I were once trapped inside a subway car while there was a fire on the tracks. I thought we were going to die. The train was filling up with smoke quickly and the engineer finally put the subway car in reverse to bring us back to the previous station…I told him to.
25. I still cry for my father every day.
If you would like to list 25 Random Things about you, leave me a comment and I'll come check them out. I'd love to learn something new about you! Also if you're on Facebook, let me know and we can become "friends" there as well!
25 Random Things...Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Originally from Queens, NY, Lois now calls northeastern PA home. You can find her blogging over at Walking on Sunshine where she shares a little of her life, but more importantly what’s for dinner at her house tonight.
Powered by Blogger.