Apple Crisp is a recipe I absolutely adore. Actually, I love all fruit crisp recipes, but there's something about apple crisp that says, "Fall has arrived."
This is an easy recipe to put together!
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick); cut into pieces
- 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans; if desired
In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Add the apples and toss to combine.
Add the butter and flour to a different bowl.
Using a pastry blender, or two forks, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is crumbly.
Add the sugar, oats and chopped nuts.
Place the apples in a 8X10 baking dish, that has been coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle the flour/sugar/oats mixture evenly on top of the apples.
Bake in a preheated 365 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the apples are cooked through.
Cool slightly before serving.
Feel free to add vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream...