Is your garden overflowing with zucchini yet?
Zucchini is one of my favorite summer vegetables. And I'm always looking for new and different ways to use the zucchini that we love to grow in our garden.
The other day on Facebook I saw this recipe for Zucchini Corn Casserole and thought it sounded interesting and decided to give it a try; only I changed it up quite a bit. It came out delicious.
Zucchini Corn Casserole
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- One package of dry cornbread mix (8.5 ounce size package)
- 1/2 of a 4 ounce size can of diced jalapenos
- One 8 ounce size can of creamed corn
- 8 ounces of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the corn muffin mix with the eggs.
- Add the sour cream, diced jalapenos, can of creamed corn, salt and pepper.
- Then add the cheddar cheese and zucchini.
- Mix to combine and pour in a 2-quart size baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes or until the middle is just about set.
Begin by grating the zucchini.
Bake at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes or until the middle is just about set.
Not only am I enjoying the delicious zucchini from the garden, but I'm also enjoying
Last fall my Colonel pulled all the dead plants and placed them in one section of the garden. This spring during our clean-up, we found tiny plants buried under the old dead plants from last year's garden that grew into a beautiful SURPRISE for me.
Combined with the zinnias I planted, they make a nice arrangement.
Find What You Need at Amazon!
Don't forget to check out my hubby's blog, Manning the Wall.