Yes, my sweet daughter turned 17 on Friday.
Here's something fun that I did on Facebook last year.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Excited, scared, thrilled, you name the emotion, I had it!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Never. I don't even like this question.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
Don't feel like telling!
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My hubby, of course!
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
No, we wanted to be surprised and we were so thrilled with the end result!
9. DUE DATE?
February 17, 1993
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Not so much in the morning, more towards late afternoon, and just really tired.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Mashed potatoes and gravy.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Could not stand to touch raw meat or to smell it. Made cooking very difficult.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No, was thrilled with my sweet pea.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
Can't really remember. I do know that the last week, I retained tons of water...maybe 30 pounds total.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
YES! My sister and mother planned one for me, BUT it had to be rescheduled because
I gave birth on the day of the shower and was in the hospital.
But it turned out wonderful because Olivia was able to be at the rescheduled shower
and I received so many wonderful PINK clothes!!!
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
They tried to surprise me with my bridal shower, so I guess they decided to just tell me this time.
So glad they did!!!
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Well, other than the fact that I went into labor six weeks early, none!
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Morristown Hospital, Morristown, NJ
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
I woke up Wednesday morning and my water had broken, ONLY I didn't know, it was such a slight trickle.
So I went about my day wondering what was wrong, having a few contractions,
but not thinking anything of them either, I was pretty clueless, huh?
Finally at our birthing class that night the instructor said your water doesn't always "gush" it could "trickle"
and I knew something was wrong, but decided to call the doctor in the morning (DUH!).
And they didn't think anything was wrong either, because they gave me a 2:00 appointment.
By the time I got to them, I was already 2 Cm!
She arrived the following day, Friday afternoon, so 3 days total in labor. OUCH!
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Hubby of course!
Oh, and then the ambulance when the first hospital realized they couldn't handle a premie!
Phil followed behind the ambulance because we had no clue WHERE the hospital was or how to get there.
I kept telling the driver to slow down and not to lose my hubby!!!
I'm surprised no one pulled Phil over, he was going so fast to keep up with us.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Just my hubby...and a roomful of doctors, nurses...
all ready to whisk Olivia away, which they did.
I didn't see her till maybe an hour or 2 later.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Epidural, I'm not that clueless.
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
6 pounds...6 weeks early! We grow them big here...Michael was 10 1/2 pounds.
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
January 8, 1993
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
17! Well, on Friday.